Friday, April 4, 2008

The Things at Oslane Swamp, The Rise Of Evil Series # 1, Introduction and Chapter one, English week 24 - 26

The Things from Oslane Swamp:
The Incident at the Oslane Genetics Lab

Introduction
You are probably sitting somewhere safe, unaware that all the horrible things that you think aren’t real, are real.
Oh yeah, ghosts are just the beginning. There are genetically mutated humans that inject a serum into you that is so powerful, it makes your very DNA change you into one of them. There are demonic primates that are so ruthless, that giving them a dead human is like giving a toddler a giant bowl of sweets. And there are aliens. Aliens stranded on Earth and aliens on the planet Typhoon. There are troops of green Reapers with deadly tentacles on Uranus’s moon Miranda. And there are unnamed blue aliens roaming Area 51 and the Mojave Desert this very second.

In the first book of the Rise of Evil series (This one), we are focusing on the demonic primates, known as Shadow Demons, Demonite Chimps, and Skunk Apes. These are all genetic experiments on Gorillas, Chimpanzees, and a few live Bigfoots (More on that later) gone horribly awry. They took refuge in and around a lab in Oslane Swamp in Texas and caused many “Mysterious” disappearances.

In the second book, Mysterious Island, another mutation arises: Mutated Humans. These creatures have swollen nerves and veins that stick out. They have uneven arms; one is normal (But lacking fingers) and the other is tipped with a foot-long claw that injects a serum into you that is so powerful, it makes your very DNA change you into one of them. (As mentioned in the first paragraph)

Book three, Invasion is almost entirely focused on aliens and mutants. These aliens land in the Mojave Desert (As mentioned in the first paragraph) and cause much more than mayhem at the px5 Genetics Lab. The story then moves on through five other labs, each with a new mutant creature, alien, or other science fiction being.

Rykov, the fourth book, has information that the author does not wish to give away.

Paranorma, the fifth book, is focused on cryptids and paranormal humanoids.
It begins when an aerial mermaid-like creature is sighted during a hurricane in Southern California.

Chapter 1: Mystery and Genetics
“John, I’m afraid that there’s nothing to investigate here. Just because the construction of an office building was aborted because of a few missing workers, there is—”
But I never knew what there was, because I burst out, “That’s EXACTLY why I’m here!”
“Well…” said the construction manager slowly, “Just don’t say anything to the media. I don’t want to bring attention to the fact that there have been ten disappearances in one—” he covered his mouth. “Ten!?” I blurted out, “In one what?”
“Week,” replied the manager simply.
I got on a free Jeep ride and stopped at the construction site. It looked strangely deserted, but I reminded myself that it was aborted. I looked inside and was greeted by strangely red-tinted concrete, and large, enclosed, circular stone walls with bloodred zigzagged stripes. There were two jutting stones on one that worked perfectly as footholds, and with the help of my hands, I looked over the wall.
What I saw almost made me fall backwards and crack my head. There was a worker there, dead but standing up, with his head ripped off. That explained the red concrete. Blood. I checked the others. Sure enough, all of the circular rooms had workers who had me their fate in them. I spied a gate and headed for it. Thankfully, I was not standing on anything, because if I did, I would fall off so violently that I would kill myself.
There, staring blankly at me, were the workers’ heads.

I ran out of there so fast that I felt I had broken the speed of light barrier. I didn’t stop until I came to a place some 100 yards away. I was lost. Away from the warm leather seats of the Jeep, away from the sticky ooze of the poor workers’ blood, and away from the confused construction manager. I walked/ran for another 50 yards before I came to a strange building with an apparently airtight door that read
Oslane Genetics Lab
Seizing my last ounces of courage, I turned the door knob, ignoring the loud “beep-bop-bleep.”
With one glance I knew that this was like the labs in Science Fiction movies. There was no lobby, just two long corridors, and a tank full of what looked like legless alligators.
The plaque beneath them read
The Cocc, a Genetically Modified Gecko
Species Gecko Amphibious

“Alright, that’s it!” I said, turning, “I’m leaving!”

But the door had disappeared.

No comments: