Thursday, March 27, 2008

Invasion, The Rise of Evil series # 3, Chapter 1, 2, and 3, English/Language Arts Week 22 - 24

INVASION:
The Rise of Aliens

Chapter 1: Beginning
“Hello, I’m looking for that secret lab thingy in the Mojave Desert? I need to investigate it,” said I to the Jeep driver. “Do you know anything about what happened there?” I inquired.
“Nothing except it happened only a week ago,” said he.
“Were you there?”
“I did work in the building, but I was in the underground part when it happened. When I finally decided to take a break, there was nobody but me and poor old Arnold, the owner, and Stan, the Co-Owner of the lab.”
“Wow.”
“Yep”
He agreed to follow me on my adventure. Little did I know that it would turn into a series of events fit for any horror movie. As we walked along the scrubby trail, peering through the sun for any sign of a building, I saw a ditch. “What happened there?” I asked.
“If Arnold and Stan hadn’t died right after I found them, I probably would know.”
“What’s your name?’
“I’m Stan’s older brother, Remus Douglas.”
We continued in silence, occasionally breaking it with a little conversation.
Remus and I soon found another ditch close enough to the path that we could see inside it. It had a strange blue thing inside that looked like a very wide port-o potty. “What the-” I started, but he finished for me, “I think it’s what killed everybody.” “I think it fell from the sky or something,” I said. Soon we found what seemed to be the entrance to the lab, “YES!” I yelled. It turned out to be the real entrance, which was good, because Remus said that there were a few false entrances.

About 50 feet into the lab, there was a loud rumbling noise, and a violent shaking. I checked on Remus, who had been trailing behind me, and was greeted by a wall of rocks, stretching to the low ceiling. “REMUS!” I screamed. Great. It wasn’t just my friend that was gone, it was also my exit. I let out the most inaudible of whimpers. Oh well, better keep moving.
That’s when I noticed the small, shining computer, right in front of the rock fall. I touched the screen experimentally. The computer wheezed a computer wheeze, like it had been left on but not used. It started showing me a video that went something like this.

The camera jiggled slightly, and captured some form of movement out of a bay window. Then, a deafening sound and a violent jerk of the camera signified an explosion. Another glance at the bay window caused a video double take. There was a large ditch that was not there a second before. Then, strange, blue creatures started pouring out of the ditch. The supercomputer next to the person holding the camera beeped frantically. 31— no, 32 messages, all at once, all saying the same thing, “They’re aliens! Coming out of a UFO! They’re attacking the base!”
Then, the strange blue creatures appeared at the glass door of the person holding the camera.
After that, the screen went black, then blue, to show nothing else was recorded.

“Yikes,” I whispered out loud.
About ten minutes later, it hit me that I had a camera, and I hadn’t photographed the port-o-potty thingy. There was a way to get past that rock fall. I had dynamite, and some cherry bombs, and a gun. But, if Remus was still alive, I would kill him if I blasted the rocks.
Or, I could destroy the wall.
And hat’s what I did. I used a cherry bomb, and walked out to the desert. The ditch was still there, but the thing wasn’t! Okay… so that was the UFO… it must’ve flown away, I thought. It then struck me that Remus was only blocked off of the main lab…he was right in front of the entrance. He could’ve gotten out! I checked the hallway, but nothing was there but a pair of bloody legs and the rock wall. Before I could let out my bloodcurdling scream, a voice whispered in my ear, saying “Rykov,” over and over. The legs started moving! My mouth opened in a silent scream as they came over spat some red liquid at me in the face. I had just enough time to photograph them. My vision blurred, and I dropped the camera. I think I blacked out.

I woke up seeing in black and white. I was in a totally different place; a tropical rainforest. There was nothing around me, except… REMUS! Just when I was about to greet him, a large beam of liquid shot from past from my shoulder. His top half disintegrated, and only his legs were left. It started running towards me, and I ran in the opposite direction. I was still seeing in black and white. The legs suddenly caught up with me. I ran faster, as tropical trees whizzed past me, the legs caught up once more. I could not run any faster, and was suddenly overcome with a wave of drowsiness. I stopped, and the legs spat liquid at me in the shins.
I jumped up from the cold, hard floor of the hallway, seeing in color again.
Maybe this place is like Oslane Swamp’s Lab, with extinct critters. Or maybe it’s like Mysterious Island, where it’s full of mutant creatures and humans. Or maybe it’s a combination of all those things, I thought.
There was a splash behind me, and a pool of silvery substance appeared in front of me.
It looked like silver sour milk, and seemed to glow. I touched it. My feet left the ground, and my body was thrown into the pool. All was black… until… there was light, warm sunshine shining over a hillside.


Chapter 2: A Few Old Faces
I, managing all my strength, got up.
The first thing I saw was a teenage girl and three men, looking curiously at me.
I thought I had appeared out of nowhere in their eyes, so I started, “I can explain—” but one man stopped me, “Don’t bother. I see you found a teleporting pool. It was strange though, because nobody’s seen one since the incident at Isla Nublar.” “Sorry we haven’t introduced ourselves,” said another one, which looked exactly like the famous astrobiologist Rick Johnson. “I’m Rick Johnson,” he said. Another one said, “And I’m Scott Rykus,” said another man. “I’m Ashley Minerva,” said the teenager. “And I’m John Hammond,” said the old man, who had owned Jurassic Park twenty years before.
“Really? Where is this? Is it some kind of genetics zoo? Or is it ‘A safe place where dinosaurs and mankind can meet in peace,’ and then kill everybody?” I said, looking at “Dr.” Hammond furiously.
“Oh, let’s just say it’s an extraterrestrial/paranormal/genetics/cryptid park,” said Scott. “It’s called I–CHUS. Investigation: Creatures and Humanoids Unknown to Science,” said Rick, looking at me for any sign of reply.
Hammond took off for the nearest gate, probably the entrance to the park. “Welcome,” he said, opening the gate with a flourish, “To Alien Park.”
There was nothing there except a computer and some very tall brick fences. I looked questioningly at Hammond, my loath of him increasing rapidly. “The species database!” he beamed.

Scott touched the screen. It lit up. The Windows Vista logo came up, followed by a login screen. He typed in I-CHUS (In caps) and pressed enter. The desktop did not come up when it was booted up, Internet Explorer did, leading to an HTML file labeled “Database.”
“The last seven files’ picture and text are corrupted,” said Rick, “Which is sad, because they are some of the most dangerous creatures in the galaxy.”
The first page read:

Creeper
The Creeper is not an alien but actually a mutated pair of human legs wired with all organs necessary to live, only the heart, lungs and brain. It shoots purple acid that makes you a Creeper, and red acid that messes up whatever part of your body it touches. The only antidote is water.

“Creepy,” I said.
“Neeext,” said Scott, getting his old humor back.
The next page was about…


Purple Alien
Purples are aggressive forerunners of the famous Grey Aliens. They travel in swarms, driving UFOs called drones, with massive Gillmen (Giant robots) at their every command. Their purple coloring is present because of genetic experiments on each other, which slowly became permanent.
They are very, very, very aggressive towards humans and other alien species, and can rip you in two.

“Of course!” I said, smacking myself.
“I’m colorblind! I thought the purple aliens I saw in the video were blue!” I said.
“You saw purples?” asked Ashley.
“Yes! They were on a video that was taken a week ago during the px5 Genetics Lab incident!”
“Great,” said Ashley.
“What?” I said.
“Don’t you read?” said Ashley, “They rip humans in two!”

Ravenger
The most may not know this, but “Ravenger,” is Godzilla’s second name.
With giant size, spikes, and attitude, Ravenger (Or “Zilla”) is a radioactively irridated Dilophosaurus, with two giant crests on the head, and long spines.
error ravenger2.rtf_cannot_be _found_error_code_2387

“The last part is corrupted,” said Ashley. The others were sitting on the bench, toying with some kind of program on a laptop.

“As Scott told you, the last seven are corrupted files,” said Ashley, “But I’ll show you them anyway.”
The code that appeared on the screen was:


desktop/my_pictures/park_files/jersey_devil.bmp


“Jersey Devil? But that’s…” I said hurriedly.
“…Suposedly real, right,” said Ashley.
“Not just that, it’s an alleged ‘Alien on Earth’!” I said.
“Yes and so is…” whispered Ashley.

desktop/my_pictures/park_files/dover_demon.bmp

“Dover Demon? But…” I said loudly.
“Shh…” hushed Ashley.

desktop/my_pictures/park_files/hobskinville.bmp

“Lemme guess, Hobskinville Goblin?” I said wearily.
“Ding ding ding,” said Ashley grimly.

desktop/my_pictures/park_files/mothman.bmp

“AAaaack! What are you thinking! You can’t keep Mothman in a zoo!” I said.
“I tried to tell that to mister Scott Dare-a-lot,” groaned Ashley.
“Well, there are three more corrupted files and two more working files—” began Ashley, but was interrupted by a piercing blast of high-pitched sound and the sound of something gliding.
“I think Mothman got out,” I said to Ashley, grimacing.



Chapter 3: Into the Gloom
Mothman was gliding above us, with bloodred eyes and a menacing black mouth with yellow, shark-like teeth. His wings were a light gray, and his body was a darker shade of gray. It promptly screeched again as it saw that I had a cut on my shoulder. But it stayed were it was, probing Ashley now. At that moment, there was a splash behind me, and I caught something glittering out of the corner of my eye. A teleporting pool! I thought frantically. Hammond came in, looking worried. Mothman was still floating above us, and Hammond screamed when he saw him. Mothman, startled, dove for Hammond, his red eyes flaring. I grasped Ashley’s wrist and pulled her into the pool.

Ashley and I found ourselves in a dark submarine, barely big enough for us. Pitch-blackness surrounded us as we looked out of the windows. There was a sharp intake of breath behind us, and we froze. I turned around slowly, and saw a woman with a white lab coat, and bloodshot brown eyes with glasses. She checked her watch nervously. “You’re late! It’s nearly midnight!” she exclaimed. “We’re late? We got here by accident!” I said worriedly. If this was a mind-controlled person… “You can’t just find a teleporting pool, you have to make one!” she said. I thought this was crazy. “Let’s see if we can find some sea monsters. We are exactly 5,127 meters below sea level. This is so exciting! John Yearling in my mini-sub!” she said excitedly. “Your last name is Yearling?” Ashley asked, as giant formations of rock flew past and the lights turned on. “I’ve kept it secret from the public so people don’t go looking me up in the phonebook,” I said. The sub came to a halt on the edge of a deep ocean trench. “What ocean is this?” I asked loudly. “The Pacific,” said the lady with the lab coat.
“So that is the…?”
“Marianas trench? Yes.”
And that’s when I saw it.
Falling away.
Into the darkness.
I quickly sketched it, because I couldn’t possibly describe it:

It hit a sharp rock and exploded.
The pieces flew everywhere.
And released an extremely neon orange liquid.
The water gained the thickness of maple syrup.
It then became thin again.
“Holy cow!” I said loudly.
Too loudly, I thought. There was a disturbance in the water, and something red on top and white on bottom flicked out at us. Ashley screamed.
“Giant squid?” suggested the lady-in-the-lab-coat.
“Nope,” I said, “Bigger, and stronger.”
Something red swished in front of the sub. A pure yellow eye, ten feet in diameter, with no pupil, blinked at us. Ashley screamed again.
“Yup,” I said, “Bigger than a giant squid.”
“That’s no sea monster…” said Ashley.
“It’s a…” started the lady-in-the-lab-coat.
“KRAKEN!” I screamed, as the critter turned so we could see the creature’s toothed beak.
“Launch sub-pods!” I screamed.
“There aren’t any!” yelled Ashley.
“Launch sub-pod!” yelled the lady-with-the-lab-coat.
We clambered in, but the lady-with-the-lab-coat wouldn’t fit. “Just stay behind and protect the sub!” I screamed. I drove the sub away from the enraged, 70 foot long Kraken. Ashley’s 17 year-old brain and my 19 year-old brain both figured out that Krakens were dumb. Really dumb. But so were we, because I decided to try to distract the 70 feet long Kraken with an 8 foot long MINI-mini-sub, and Ashley agreed.
Turning around the sub, we zoomed toward the Kraken. Ashley pressed the red DO NOT TOUCH UNLESS YOU ARE IN GRAVE DANGER button. A huge torpedo was shot out of the top of the sub, striking the eye of the monster. It stopped abruptly, and fell into the gloom. “That takes care of that,” I said. But, I watched in horror as the sub sank, due to the fact that the Kraken’s tentacle was stuck to it. Sub and monster alike slowly sank to the bottom of the trench.


“Yipe…” I said.
“Yes….” Ashley said.
“Oh, gosh…” I said.
A shadow had swum in front of the mini-sub.

No comments: